Monday, January 3, 2011

Yah for 2011!

     So this is my FIRST blog and my first post! It's actually been a long time coming.... I have gone back and forth about doing this for I would say at least a good year if not longer. I love to write... especially when I am over whelmed about something. I have kept journals for years... and I like the pen and paper way of blogging how ever at times I just can't write fast enough to get it all out! And it definitely over all takes more time! And who has a lot of that now days!? So I am starting something new with the New Year and I hope to get some followers!
     I have already started a few *new* things this year! This year is kind of a special year for me. I am turning 30!!! Yaah! I would LOVE to go to Italy for my 30th B-day!!!! I thought maybe I could come up with something to tie 30 into my life. Try 30 new things? Eat 30 new meals? Something! Any neat ideas?
     I wanted to do something I have never done before this year! I brought in the NEW YEAR going snow tubing! I have never done that before, and honestly hadn't even heard of it! It was a blast! I went with my boyfriend Mitch and his kids. What a better way to bring in the New Year!? It's a must try to any of you who haven't tried it!
     I started a group on FB called "Girls Losing Guts". It's a motivational group to help you keep on track with working out/eating a healthy diet. I am really into things like that. I really like organic stuff! I love reading articles and doing research about different things you can mix/make to have clearer skin, thicker hair, longer nails, anything to be healthier over all. With this group, you h ave to weigh in every Friday. We are doing it over a 3 month period at this time. The person who loses the most weight % to their starting weight wins! Everyone in the group has to pay the winner $5. We are planning a "Girls Losing Guts" night out to celebrate with the winner! I'm pumped!
    Another thing that I have started this year is a Roth account. I started saving last year, but I still had access to the account (Although I denied the debit card to the account so it would take several days to have money transferred). So I did a "practice" with that account and it was a success so I decided to take another step and open up a Roth account. I'm excited! I'm in it for the long hall! I don't know all the little details about Roth accounts, so if you have one or are educated in that area of savings, please share!!! 
   

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to be the first one to comment on your blog!! I'm excited to keep updated on what you're doing with your life!! I love your backgrownd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, Katie. I'll be a "follower", even if it's girlie stuff. Hehe. I hope you'll follow me as well. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete