Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ben Folds Five Concert report!

      It's Wednesday, feeling a little relieved that this week is more than half over. We have been  making a lot of changes at work. We hired a new manager from NYC. He's Asian, his name is Yuxi (pronounced Yo-shi). I prefer to call him Yoshi! Or Mario is becoming a favorite! Haha. He came from a big company and seems to be very focused and contemporary, I like it! I really like the changes that he is bringing about. With change, as all of us know, stress and adjusting come too.... so I'm dealing with a little bit of that, but I'm excited to see what we can make of this!
    Last night Mitch and I went to the Ben Folds Five concert. I got him tickets for Christmas. We went to Siam Terrace. It's a Thai Restaurant in downtown Urbana. It's really good. I've been craving Thai food so it felt good to finally satisfy that craving! Mitch *loves* their mango sticky rice, so if you go there, you must try it!
     I had been listening to Ben Fold's music recently to get familiar with some of their songs and get excited about the concert. Even with all the songs/albums I have listened to, I didn't fully grasp how weird they are! To my surprise there were a lot of "older" people/couples there too. I didn't think that older people would like this type of music/band. They are random and use rather vulgar language, fyi!
    They had a group from the NBC show "The Sing Off". The group was "Street Corner Symphony". They were actually really good! The concert lasted till about 10:30 (past my bed time, so naturally I'm way tired today, even after some strong coffee). 
     During the concert they actually did some video clips for the new video they are producing. They had us sing/say/motion en-sync. It was a good way to keep everyone involved. They were taking different clips from each concert/town they went to on this tour and making it a complete video at the end. I thought that was really neat. But yah, they're still kinda weird. This is one of their only songs that I know! And I didn't even realize Ben Folds was who sang it! Ha


He's a good singer and an amazing piano player! I always had a desire to learn how to play!
     So over all it was a pretty good concert! I'm not sure that I am a converted fan or anything, and I probably won't go out and buy any of their cd's or listen to them by choice! Ha. 
     I have to take my baby to the vet today to get more shots. I hate how they keep trying to talk me into getting my dog fixed. I realize you animal activist people are on a mission to convert the world, but it IS MY dog and I can/will do whatever I want with him!!! Not every one out there that is considering mating their dog is irresponsible and neglectful. <sigh> I'm still thinking on the whole puppy situation.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird how everyone expects/wants dog owners to neuter their dog? Our breeder and our vet always bring it up in the context of, 'So when are you going to? ...When are you planning to?..."

    No one ever asked whether we were considering neutering our dog, just assumed that we would have her neutered becaues "thats what you do."

    -Amanda from work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I don't appreciate it! My DOG went to the vet to get shots and so on, not for ME to be lectured about it. And I mean lectured. At one point she said "I bet you're thinking 'I wish this lady would shut up, but I just want to..." I laughed, YAH, SHUT UP! haha. I understand some of the health factors (on both dogs) however if we all got our dogs fixed, there would be no puppies! And it's my dog and the more people try and *make* me do it, the less I'm considering it!

    ReplyDelete