Thursday, January 6, 2011

A blanket, a book, and my puppy type of day!

     I'm deep in thought today... It's one of those days where it's gloomy out. I couldn't wake up today for anything! I hit the snooze, I don't know how many times! I just wanted to get out of bed, get some good coffee and get on the couch with a big blanket, a good book and read all day... snuggled up with Wynsten! He's a good cuddler!
     I am going to keep to myself today and write more in my book! I only have 9 more months until my goal deadline! I'm really searching for an ending to my book... I have a good start. I also thought about making it a "self help" book. Given that I have been through divorce, I have some light to shed and advice to pass on for anyone in the situation or considering it! Here is a sneak peek at the beginning! :


I laid awake, in bed, on Saturday morning. I was up all night talking to my husband, online. “Why does he have to be so far away?!”, I yell, as I roll over and shut my alarm off. I forgot to reset it before I fell asleep, finally, at 4:27am. Saturday’s were one of the only days that I got to sleep in, and here I am, wide awake!
I met Jordan almost 8 years ago and we hit it off. We lived together for almost 2 years before he decided to sign his life away. OUR life! To the United States Government on an impulse to get back at me for the fight we had gotten in the day before, which we, on a whim, ended things between us. The papers were signed; the deal was sealed! He was leaving for boot camp in 6 months.
A few days later, as always, we worked things out, and picked back up with our relationship just where we left off, but this time, with a new twist; he would be leaving in 6 months… which was the beginning of our “new life”… our separation. Sadness sank in as I realized how soon that time would come and how I wasn’t going to know what to do without him.
I wondered if Jordan would ask me to marry him before he left, or see if the old saying “distance makes the heart grow founder” was a reality. I loved him enough to wait it out either way.
I thought I would bring it up, just to see what he said. I got an invite in the mail to a friend from high school’s wedding; what a perfect opportunity to bring it up!? While asking him to be my date, I would mention who we would invite to our wedding, IF we ever got married.
We had plans to meet for lunch in the park that day. I brought the invite with me. We sat on a big blanket my mom had made my years ago, for one of my birthdays I think. After we got settled and had began eating, I pulled the invite out of my bag and tossed it on the blanket next to him.
Hey! Look at this invite! Isn’t it cute? Will you be my date?” I asked as he looks down at it.
Of course I will be your date! I would be honored.” He replies with a quirky smile on his face.
Yesss!!” I exclaim.
It’s so weird thinking that everyone I went to high school with is getting married!”
Jordan knew me so well, he saw right through where I was heading with the conversation, I didn’t even have to follow through with my original plan of approach.
Let me guess!? You want to know when we are going to get married?!” He says with ease.
Well… “ I didn’t even finish before he says
Yes! I think we will get married some day! It will all happen at the right time”. He explains.
I think to myself “what a typical male response”. That wasn’t a good enough answer for me. I wanted to know when! I had a life to plan! And if he didn’t want to get married for 10 years, I might have some things to rethink.
And when is that “right time“? I ask.
When do YOU think the right time is? Are you ready to be married now? I’ve heard that the military ruins relationships”.
But not us, right? We have been through so much together.”
Yah, we have been through a lot”.
I purpose we go ring shopping!!!”
Ok, Daph, we can do that tomorrow after work! Does that work for you?” Jordan asks.
I never thought I would hear him ask me to do that!
Yeah! Let’s do it!” I say with excitement, but not too much. Don’t want him to get scared already!
Promise me one thing” he says.
Yes??”
Don’t tell anyone! Keep it a secret, something special together”
Of course babe, we will tell people after the ring is bought!”
We pack our lunches up and both go our own ways back to work.
The next day after work we meet up at the Lake Side Oaks Mall. The ring shopping begins! I didn’t tell anyone yet! It was really hard not to mention it to Joslyn! I tell her everything! Even when people say “promise not to tell anyone?!”, I always told her! Not this time, I had to keep my word to Jordan.
We spent 3 hours at the mall! We looked at every jewelry store that mall had! I was so excited! We came to the conclusion that after all the rings we looked at Jordan can decipher my taste and what I would like and he would pick the ring out. Now it was just about waiting.
 


Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. WOW. that is so good! Now you have to keep the story of your life going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we can buy this book when??? It sounds like a book I would read and I would expect an autographed copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not actually about me/my life. (there are things that happened through out the book, that I don't want any confusion on it being about my life haha). Um... my goal is to have it finished by my 30th bday! (Oct this year!) And Jamie, of course I would get that to you! =)

    ReplyDelete