Saturday, January 22, 2011

"It's the simple things in life we forget"

     Not only is this lyrics to a song by one of my most loved artist (Usher), it's a song that speaks to me. No one ever promised life would be easy (my mother reminds me of this often-thank you mom!) but it's what we take from it and what we make of it. I definitely haven't had the easiest life and I have been through things that I never dreamt or even had a thought cross my mind that I would go through. I'm so thankful that I am who I am and have been brought up the way I have, it's pulled me through and allowed me to be positive after some of the heart breaks I have endured. I've been able to learn from my mistakes and also helps others going through similar things. It may not relieve any pain that one is going through, but it helps to have the real understanding from someone that they can relate. I really feel for the people who go through something devastating in their life and never pull out of it. Remember all the simple things in life to be thankful for!
     It's a snowy freezing cold day here in IL. I had the thought of sleeping in today... that didn't happen! Went to the IL. game...so sad we lost!!! Mad too!!!! Those refs were horrrrible!!! I just think there has GOT TO BE something to prevent a ref who makes horrible calls to not ref the WHOLE GAME! We were  up almost 10pts at one time... and we ended up loosing! We played against OH state... they are #1, so I guess I'm not tooo upset they lost. At least it was to a #1 ranked team. And yaaaah to Tisdale's 3 pointers! (I could mention some things he did that weren't so awesome, but I like to stay positive and maybe I'm just a little biased =). So I was going to go back to bed when I got home... I can't sleep... I'm too overwhelmed! Have too much on my mind! I'm off to enjoy some wine, maybe shop a little.. and forget the rest =)

No comments:

Post a Comment