Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Blues.....

     I'm trying to mentally get over the hump of having to get up and go to work today! It's so hard after you've had a fun filled weekend though! Which is definitely the case today!
     My weekend started Friday as SOON as I left work! I met with my work out friend, Kat! We went to Dos Reales-probably my favorite Mexican restaurants! If you have never been, you should for sure try it! I love all Mexican food almost, but theres just something about THIS place that makes it even so much better! So good, I had to eat it again last night! lol. 
     Saturday was a blast! I got up early and took my dog on a walk (I can't wake up early, hence the *walk* not *run*). And then I met up with my sisters mom and grandma and our friend Jamie and went to Clinton, IL. to a "Tea Room" called "La Tea Da" . If you ever have the chance to go, you should! It's a fun little place. It looks like an old house driving by, but inside is a cute little brunch type place and a shop upstairs. 
    I tried a ravioli soup and had passion fruit tea! It was so good! I'm not sure what my obsession with passion fruit is lately, but I want everything in passion fruit flavor! I even went and bought one because I wasn't sure what they looked like or how to eat them. 
     Saturday afternoon we rented wii games and had a cook out with all the kids! Yah, it's a little cold and we had to work at it to get the grill started, but in the end, it was a blast! 
     I also got my "indoor garden" planted! It took forever! I planted  thyme, 2 kinds of basil, cilantro, rosemary, asparagus... and I can't remember! I can't wait to have all these herbs to cook with! Excited to make salsa and guacamole! LOVE that stuff!!! And as always when my roommates kids are over, my night ended playing Mancala. It's so fun! A must play board game! 
     Sunday was great! It seemed like it was a really long day! (normally my weekend seem to go by so fast!) Me and Mitch watched "How Do you Know" with Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd, and had coffee in bed! It was relaxing. I think I will start doing that every Sunday!! The movie was good. Looking back, I think they could have brought more of the title into the movie. She is kind of going back and forth between 2 guys, but any one who is trying to find out "How do you know", won't really get any good advice/help by watching that movie. But other than that, it was entertaining to watch!
     Ran errands the rest of the day..... I love the dollar store!! And ended with watching documentaries on Tsunami's and dogs (Both were very interesting!!) and ordering Mexican (DOS REALES!!!!) carry out!! Whew... and that was my weekend!! 
     
                                                                
      

No comments:

Post a Comment