Monday, March 7, 2011

Uhhh..............and that's what I have to say about that!

     Today is going by kind of fast, thank goodness because I don't feel so good and I need to hit the gym and get to bed early tonight! If I wasn't to determined to get in better shape, I would ditch out on the gym... but I can't! I have to keep on keepin on, to get the results I want! I worked out every day last week for about an hour and almost 2 hours the night of the IL game. It helps when you have something to watch. Considering I don't like to watch tv, that's hard to do!
     So I'm sure everyone is curious how Mardi Gras was!? My first thought is, it's kind of like a mini Vegas. The city was a mess! Haha. There were beads EVERYWHERE! All over the place, covering the streets, in the bars, in the trees!! Haha, it was crazy! I wish I would have taken more pictures. I have such a love for taking pictures. It was so cold out, we were power walking anywhere we went. 
     We stayed at the Millennium hotel. It was craziness already when we pulled in. EVERYONE loved my dog (yes!!!! I took him to Mardi Gras!!! He had his own beads too LOL... pics to come...). They loved him so much we got "VIP" status because of him lol. Everyone had bracelets and "HAD to have them on"..... but we could walk on through! Ha. Love it! 
      Wynsten on the other hand, didn't love it so much. At first he was excited that everyone was around and talking to him ect, but by the time Sunday came he was just too over whelmed. You could tell he was stressed. I walked out of the hotel room to take him outside and he literally freaked out and DRUG me back to the room!!! Haha. Poor dog!!! He was so happy to get home, he ran straight to my bed! Haha. 
      One of my favorite parts about our trip was brunch the next day! It was amazing!!! All you can eat, city wide view, amazing food, all you can drink. I think I had 4 glasses in front of me!!! Just my style!! I felt so bad walking in there in my sweat pants and rain boots!! I missed the memo on dress code!! <thanks Mitch!!> But really, it was the perfect note to end our trip on before heading back to Champaign. I did get a lot of pictures from the top! (it's a rotating restaurant on the 30th floor of a hotel) I'll post pictures soon via FB. I will try and write more once I get all my pictures uploaded....

No comments:

Post a Comment