Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Don't hate me because I take the Higher Road"

      I titled my blog that today because this phrase has really stuck out to me the last few days. I was talking to a close friend aka "my GF" Tiffany, discussing how to accomplish still being the bigger person/taking the higher road, when dealing with the immature people in the world who try and create drama in other peoples lives because they are unhappy with their own.... or for whatever reason. Maybe they just thrive off the attention that's created so much, that they keep at it. It's so destructive. And what people like that don't realize is even though you think you are "winning" right now because of all the stress and drama you are causing other people, in the long hall you're the looser. You walk away empty handed and not gaining a thing.... but a few friends less because not only do the people you have directly effected but the people on the outside that see the truth don't like you/want anything to do with you either. 
     My advice to these people is to step back. Really examine yourself and your life and really be real with yourself and get to the bottom of why it is you aren't happy. Why do you have such low self esteem you have to search and dig and cause others drama to get fulfillment?? Realize that if you are a good, honest and real person, have confidence, friends will happen on their own and you won't need to seek out attention. "Take the High Road". ----Dedicated to Tiffany Jane!  =D

Here is a song that just happen to be playing as I was typing... it totally fits!

    It's crazy how life goes! It always seems that whatever I am going through a friend is going through something similar. It really   helps to have someone that understands, can relate and give advice. I'm thankful for those people in  my life! It was ironic how my friend was going through something with people causing drama in her life... as I have been recently also. I by no means think I am better than anyone else. I'm just your average Joe... well... maybe "average joe" with a higher drive than most and definitely a ton more shoes! =), but I'm choosing to take the "higher road" and not let people that are of the "I like the created drama so I get the attention because I have no other way to get it" status effect me. This is not the way I want to live my life, dealing with these people, or wasting time I could be laughing and enjoying life, dealing with created drama. So heres a toast to that! 




       Like I said life has been a little rough the last couple of days or so, but on a brighter note... I got to go stay with my bff in Chicago for the weekend and watch them dye the river GREEN for St. Patty's Day!!! It was awesome!! I had never seen it before, so it was fun! It was freezing though from the wind coming off the lake, but worth freezing for! The Chicago police are on that boat.... drinking beer.... good to know our tax dollars get put to good use, right!? HA!
        I could write so much more, but I don't have all my pics downloaded, the time or the energy =( I just want to go have a beer and go to sleep! 
                                                        

2 comments:

  1. How did they turn the river green?? That's so crazy!! I hope the drama gets over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mee tooo, life is too short for drama! Everyone should be happy!!!!
    Well I was told that they spend about $3000 of our tax money (whoa!) and buy the "eco friendly" dye and put it in liquid dispensers on the back of boats and drive through the river as it dispenses. You can watch the whole process! It's neat!

    ReplyDelete