Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feelin it today!!!

     What do you know!? Right after I have a "winter hang over" day, it's nice out! It's supposed to be in the 50's today! That got me a little excited for Spring! I've been wanting to wear my new Guess heels (even though I've only had them for 3 days now!!!), today is perfect! I almost didn't go to work today I was feeling so good! Then I gave myself a reality check, and decided I need to go!! I should be thankful I have a job!! The heels made it a little easier to get out! 
     Today I want to talk about "confidence". I think far too many people are unhappy and just settle for that, for an array of reasons.... from being comfortable to just not having the drive to change things in order to be happy. I'm here to tell you----LIFE IS TOO SHORT--- YOU deserve to be happy!
      I looked up the word "confidence" in the dictionary and here is what I found: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities, a feeling of trust (in someone or something), a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable, a trustful relationship. There are many more. I looked up several different sites to make sure I quoted the full meaning. 
    I think many people often confuse the word "confident" with "arrogant". The word arrogant means having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride. Having confidence is believing in yourself and the things that you associate with. If you believe you are a good person, deserve to be treated well and you  have a lot to offer you should have confidence. Not in a prideful, but in a humble way. Not to flaunt what you have or make others look bad, but to be assured in who you are and what you have in store for you/your life. If you don't like who you are, or the results you get because of who you are, you should seek out making changes in your life. You should never stop perusing and engaging in ways to change who you are and better your life. You should never settle. Always chase after and expect the best! If you settle for lesser things, you will never get or be the best. 
     That's my soap box for today. It's so hard to see someone you care about (I've even felt this way about myself at times in my life) settling for something or someone when they deserve so much more. It's so easy to see from the outside, but when you are on the inside I guess you are blinded by the feeling you have involved in the situation. It's so hard, trust me, I know this!! Anyone that really knows me, knows of things I have been through!! Thank God that's over with! 
     On another note, I am pumped for this weekend! MARDI GRAS!!!! I have never been to the one in St. Louis!! I'm really excited! We went and got our nails done for Mardi Gras!! Check em out!! 


And for all of you wondering,  yes, Wynsten is coming with!!! I'll take pictures with his Mardi Gras beads!! haha. Glad he's such a good sport!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment