Friday, March 25, 2011

     Awh! Just when I thought we were past all the cold weather.... I see the forecast and see that it's going to be down in the 20's tonight!? Whhhhhy??? I just started putting all my plants outside! (you will learn I have a great love for plants! It's almost an obsession! I can't stop buying them and regrowing them!) It's actually kind of neat. I have grown many many plants and give their new growths to friends, family... well anyone, a complete stranger! lol. 
     Speaking of my obsession of buying/growing plants... this is totally off subject of what I was going to write about today, but since it came up.... I actually bought some today!!! I bought passion flower seeds! They are one of the prettiest flowers I think I have ever seen!  They have such brilliant colors. They have many different types of passion flowers in a variety of colors. Google it! I LOVE things that are bright and colorful. Makes me happy. Ironic, I don't believe 100% all the hype/talk about Zodiac signs, however I do believe that what time of year you were born has to do with your personality and what season you are most comfortable. My zodiac sign, Libra, states that flowers make us happy... so true, and I am most comfortable in fall season (I was born in October for those of you who don't know me or keep up with Zodiac signs).
     I also bought artichokes today! Am I the only one that didn't know this was a "flowering plant"?! I love artichokes! I really wish I had a good artichoke soup recipe! If any one has one, please share! Anyway, they also produce a purple-ish colored flower (see pic). They say it will bud and flower the first  year and then artichokes with "sprout" the second year. They grow the best in hot climates (east/west coasts). I love to take on a challenge so I am going to attempt to grow artichokes this year! I will let you know how that works out! 
     Mitch and I bought a lot of herb seeds the other day, that I hope to get planted this weekend (indoors of course! grrr to the 20 degree weather!!!)! I can't wait!
     I really can't wait until I have my own house! I am positive before my  house is decorated just the way I want inside my yard and garden will be set up!! I'm so glad I found someone who has the same love of growing plants and food as I do, and don't forget clothes and shopping! They say you don't realize what you need until it's gone... I think in my situation, I didn't realized what I needed until I found it! It's crazy to me to think that some one else loves clothes, shopping, food and plants like I do!!! 
     I got off work last night, and stuck to my, trying to make it a life-style routine, and went right to the gym! Did my thing, showered and me and Mitch went to Ruby Tuesday! I haven't been there in awhile, but I was actually craving it yesterday because their salad bar is great! So when Mitch asked me, it was a definite yes! Enjoyed the salad bar and a *who knew* Pear Lavender martini!?! It was fan-tastic! It was almost like a Pear sauce (like apple sauce but not as thick) and then they added an Asian style Lavender tea bag. You dip your tea bag in the martini and it turns it purple! It was soo good! I tried to take a picture, but the lighting was low so it didn't show as good as I wanted, but you get the idea. Props to who ever came up with this idea/drink! Add it to  my favorite list!


      I have to mention American Idol!!!! Did I mention I LOVE that show!? (oh yah, Mitch watched that with me too!!! =) Last night, really shocked me!!!! Casey!?! They tried to say that Casey had the least amount of votes!? NOO WAY!! Is this a prank?? Have you heard this guy sing!? 
He's amazing! There are people like Thia Megia that should be going home way before Casey!! He reminds me a lot of Ray Lamontagne! That deep kind of raspy voice! It's great! They had it down to the "bottom three", Thia, Casey and Stefano. They have it set up to call in/get online and vote for who you want to stay on... why can't we vote for who we want to LEAVE!? Haha. Thia is my vote! She has an ok voice but she doesn't belong on the top 10... just sayin! And poor Casey... he almost had a heart attack!!! When you are "kicked off" you get to sing one last time. He started singing and the judges stopped him and used their ONE "save card" on him! GOOD CALL! They said "we don't need to hear anymore, we know who you are, we know you can sing, you belong here!" YAH! 
     Well needless to say, it was an entertaining night on American Idol. I can't even think of who will end up leaving next week, but it better not be Casey!! 
                I have a really exciting weekend coming up! I can't wait!!! 
                                                                         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment