Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New day, it's a new thing!!!

      Today is Wednesday.... It doesn't really feel like this week is half over already. It seems to be dragging on... Like it's only Tuesday! Maybe because I have been nonstop on the go!
     I always think how much more happy I would be and how much more I could accomplish if I had a few more hours after work every night to do ME! I've really made an effort to make changes in my life lately and make working out a part of  my life, not just a temporary thing! I get off work at 6, get to the gym soon after, work out for an hour... by that time it's already a little after 7. Takes me 20mins to get home... shower... and wait, it's not healthy to eat after 7pm at night... so I'm screwed there! What can I do!?!? 
     Last night I totally skipped out on working out =( Sucks, I know. It was Fat Tuesday though! Come on, you have to be a part of that! I met with my friend Katie and we went to this little nook in the wall  named "Black Dog's!". It's delicious! I tried their "Mardi Gras" special! Jambalaya!! It was soo good! I tried a new beer. It was some type of Wit beer? It looked kind of like a pineapple juice in color. I'm not really a big beer drinker, but lately I have changed my taste buds apparently because the more I try, the more I like beer! My friend tried a DARK almost chocolate coffee beer! Sounds weird, I know, but it was actually pretty good! We enjoyed a girls night of chatting and catching up..... Happy Fat Tuesday to that! =)
     My heart is heavy today. I don't know why I feel the pressures of life.... of "getting older". I'm not bummed at all about turning 30 this year! When is "too early" to start the count down!? Ha! Really?! I'm actually really excited and ready to embrace my 30's and make my life all that I've dreamed of. I took my 20's as a time to find out who I was and live and learn. And hopefully I have learned enough to never be in a situation I have already been in and let the same results happen. 
      I really want to be happy and feel like I accomplished more than the "average joe" has with their life. I have higher expectations for myself. I understand that comes with a lot of hard work, but I'm up for it! I have so many dreams; I'm wild at heart! Every day I think of something new I want to try in my 30's! Maybe I should be writing them down as they come to me! Recreate my "Bucket List"! I know I have mentioned it before, but I can't say enough how much that movie inspired me! If you haven't seen it, it's a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment