Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Camping for the weekend!

     AH! Today is Wednesday already! In some ways it seems like it should be Monday and others I'm wondering where the week has gone. I feel like I've gotten a lot done lately. It's a great feeling, even though you feel tired!
     Me and bf bought a camper recently. (2 weeks ago to be exact!) It's so much fun! We got a great deal on it, and plates were only $16! Whoo hoo! What now days, is cheap!? We took  it out this past weekend (over Memorial Day) for the first time to try it out! We went to D & W Lake and RV Park here in North Champaign. I think I had been there one time before, maybe when I was younger, but didn't have a clear remembrance of anything, but anyway, it was a really nice place to go! It was a great place to try it out before we take for a real trip out of state! Yah! 
    
 I love to go fishing but I find myself fishing like once every few years! I really hope with having such a love for the outdoors and camping, and now that we bought a camper that I will be able to do that more! It's fun! I caught a fish!! I think we caught 10+!  Mitch decided to leave his pole and chair out ALL night and was excited to see he caught a fish while sleeping! haha! I really want to research catfish bait and also how to prepare them! I think it would be so cool to be able to prepare and eat a fish I caught! <check> added to my "bucket list"! 


      Another favorite part of camping is definitely FOOD! I would have to say that I eat WAY MORE food when we are camping than I do any other day... plus some! I love to cook anyway... and I have to say that Mitch definitely is an amazing cook (which I LOVE about him)! He takes the *craziest* things and throws them together as if he KNOWS it will just work and taste awesome! I can't think of a time, the whole time I have known him, that he has thrown anything random together and it's tasted bad!!! (I might hate him a little bit for this lol) We made kabobs! They were good! Scallops, steak, onions, peppers, zucchini and squash...grilled... YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment