Monday, May 16, 2011

feelin sickly after a long-fun-weekend!

     Ugh.... It's Monday..... and I'm sick..... double negative! I guess that's all the more reason that this week HAS TO get better, right?!
      Had a great, long weekend! I left for Chicago Friday night. I stayed with my bff. Had a great time! Went to a friends Bridal shower and Bachlorette Party Saturday! That was one of the nicest showers I have ever been to! Literally! It was hosted by a family friend of the brides, and she went all out for us! It was amazing! And sent us on our way with Starbucks gc! Um.. she doesn't know this but she is my new bff! haha. 
     I got to experience a lot of amazing food this weekend! One of my favorites was dinner Saturday night! We went to Blue 13. It was so good! It was a little upscale/pricey (our bill was over $400 lol) but it was amazing! Here is their "doughnuts and coffee". (pictured right) They were like little "beads" of jelly almost. You put them on the plate and break them and dip the doughnuts in them! A-mazing! The service was great! It's a rather small place and we were quite the group coming in, but they accommodated us well and set the tone for our evening that ended well! I would suggest this restaurant to anyone going to be in Chicago area!
     I'm glad the weekend is over, I'm trying to get better. It felt so good coming home! My puppy was so excited to see me he was literally leaping in the air! It was the cutest thing, ever! It was so cute! Made me feel good he was *that* excited! I've never left him over night before. Don't see how I'm ever going to go to Italy with out him either... hm... air line tickets for dogs!? Yes please! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment