Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What would we do with out wine in this world!?

     Ugh, it's another Seattle-type-of-day here! Well I'm not sure it's so COLD there! It's been like this all day... and the forecast is saying it's going to be this way for awhile. What happened to April showers!? It's not April here fellas! 
      Wine. Wine is such a refreshing invigorating  beverage! Definitely my drink of choice! Has been for years. I love how you can add to it and make it just what you are feeling for that day! This past weekend I definitely needed some fruity, smooth but strong wine! Sangria was the first thing that came to my mind! This is the easiest sangria to make and it's just too good!
      I made a mental list and off to the store I was! 


    Here is what you will need: (this makes 2 pitchers (Mr. Coffee Tea maker size pitchers)


1Orange
1Pear
1 Tangerine 
1 small container of Blackberries
About 5 Strawberries
1 Mango
2 Kiwi's 
1 small cluster of grapes
1 sweet but crispy apple
1 Large gallon of Chablis wine
1 bottle of peach schnapps
2 Pitchers 
1 Bowl


Directions: 


1. Cut up all the fruit and put it in a bowl. 
2. Once all the fruit is cut up in the bowl, pour the wine and the schnapps in the bowl and let it soak over night. 
This is the wine I used

For best results let the fruit soak over night in the wine and schnapps, then add remaining the next day! 

The next day I was definitely enjoying myself! 
Once it's soaked, enjoy a glass! Add a garnish!









No comments:

Post a Comment