Thursday, November 3, 2011

Puppies!

     So it's been a crazy week! Not only did I find out we have to move again soon, our dog also had puppies! They were born Monday evening starting at about 5pm until about 3am. She delivered 9 puppies. The runt didn't make it =( I think he was just too little and was too weak. I set my alarm every hour for the duration of the night last night to try everything I had to make it a survivor. It just wasn't enough. Maybe he's better off; Not in pain or living a less than great life b/c his organs didn't develop correctly. Sad. 
     But we have 8 healthy very energetic <already> pups! They were born on Oct 31st-Nov 1st so they will be due to be let go to their new homes on Christmas Eve! How perfect! I hope that we can get a cute Christmas picture with all of them before we send them on their ways to their new homes! 
     Today, November 3rd, I am taking them in to get their dew claws extracted and their tails docked. They say the sooner you can get them in to get them done, the better, since they are so young they don't have feeling yet so the procedures won't hurt them. That's good to know! 
     I am searching for a way to color coat them so the new owners will  be able to view our puppy cam and watch their puppy as it grows! I wish I had that option when I got my boxer!
     My dog is the male/the father. We got him a little over a year ago (Oct 15th to be exact) for my 29th birthday. We drove near Springfield IL to pick him out. I was first interested in the reverse brindle. I really wanted an all black boxer, I wanted a rarity! Sure enough, I ended up with a rarity! An all white boxer! Who ended up being the perfect fit! 
     Just a few months ago the two (Gabi (the mother) and Wynsten (the father)) began to show interest in each other.... and what do you know, 9 weeks later the puppies are here! They are in great health and will  be taken the best care of by us! Guaranteed! 

                                   I will blog as the days come and post more pics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment